When small and medium-sized companies do business and invest in emerging markets they are often exposed to the risk of corruption. They do not have the market power or internal integrity systems of large companies, but are subject to the same demands from legislation, business partners and civil society on combating and avoiding corruption. Many companies do not have the necessary knowledge and tools to handle this dilemma.
The Portal www.business-anti-corruption.com is constructed as a “one-stop-shop” with information and tools on anti-corruption for companies operating in emerging markets.
The central elements are:
• Country Profiles with detailed information about corruption in the Danish development program countries categorized according to sectors and levels. Facts about public and private anti-corruption initiatives and ratification status on international conventions. 24 countries are currently covered.
• Due Diligence Tools for identifying and avoiding corruption risks in typical business situations such as agent agreements, joint ventures and consultant contracts
• Integrity System on how to integrate anti-corruption policies and practices in the existing company procedures
• Contact Network - an entry point to public and private organisations in the countries covered
• About Corruption section on relevant legislation, public and private initiatives and a business corruption vocabulary
• Links to business relevant national and international organizations, initiatives and tools that can help companies to combat and avoid corruption
• Training modules on business anti-corruption based on the portal
The primary target group is SMEs from Denmark and OECD-countries operating in developing countries. The portal aims to reduce corruption in developing countries by providing tools and informatio