PIA has formulated the following a development strategy to enhance Grenada’s socio-economic development through stakeholder ownership and management of their natural assets, an amalgamation of concepts as the way forward:
• The adoption of Geotourism as a CSR strategy
• Social marketing media to disseminate information, promote sustainable concepts and create buy-in
• Geotourism Community planning using the Geotourism strategy
• Implementation of the Geotourism Strategy by the ground-up participatory approach, directly as a
• The development of an eParticipatory community site to facilitate community planning, administration, dissemination of information, econsultancy, monitoring, evaluation and promotion, in that order.
• Solicit the support of volunteer/community tourism for the development of programs and communities
Building on the power of Geotourism is the in inclusion process, the rediscovery of sense of self and the dissemination of information, these elements of the strategy fuel national pride, local ownership, commerce and sustainability. We hope to present this from a new angle of the ground-up participatory approach to the strategy. We foundation principles “Knowledge is Power” and that development built on the principle of ‘For People, by People and with People” is the essence of sustainability.