Awards: What awards or honors has the project received?
- Winner Sankalp Investors Choice award selected from 730 applicants
- Winner, ICT4 Agriculture award selected from 500 applicants regionally
- Runners-up, Unilever Sustainable Living Young Entrepreneur Awards selected from 8000 applicants globally
- National Finalist, Blackbox Connect
- Second place award, Seed Starters world 2014
- Regional finalist, PivotEast
Where have you learnt about the competition?
Tell us about your partnerships:
1. Mercycorps: Shared values. Has physical presence in communities targeted. Is enabling us reach major SACCOS and over 30,000 people for the pilot.
2. CTA: Funded research, development and prototyping.
3. Government of Uganda's Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives: SACCOS regulatory body. Has given us an endorsement certificate. We are the only SACCO software endorsed by the Government
4. Microsoft4Africa: Technology partner.
Challenges: What challenges might hinder the success of your project and how do you plan to overcome them?
1. Poor internet connectivity: We have built the system to work offline and online
2. Low mobile phone and computer access. We are engaging mobile and software hardware companies to provide devices on a credit arrangement; with commitments from Microsoft4Africa and Nokia
3. Openness to learn and goodwill. Have held rigorous solution workshops and field learning trips to foster collaboration and buy-in from end-users.