Impact: What is the impact of the work to date?
- Identified training needs of 20 orphaned beneficiaries by conducting a needs assessment exercise.
- Secured 20 internship opportunities at female –operated, owned , or managed businesses.
- 20 orphaned female youth completed internships at institutions, by making a minimum of 12 visits per intern per work place.
- Beneficiaries received additional training through "AlAman Fund for the future of orphans".
in the future, in addition to securing the above benefits for 40 additional beneficiaries, the projects will help them get jobs once the training is completed.
Barriers: What barriers might hinder the success of your project and how do you plan to overcome them?
- The costs of transportation, work-appropriate clothing, and the opportunity cost of not working somewhere else may by be prohibitive. Mentees will need to receive significant stipends to compensate for their inability to work during the mentorship period and to cover transportation costs and the cost of work-appropriate clothing.
- Mentees may find it difficult to commit to a demanding work environment, particularly if this is their first time working. Pay, tied to attendance and performance, will help motivate them to commit to complet the mentorship.
Full Impact Potential: What are the main spread strategies moving forward? (Please consider geographic spread, policy reform, and independent replication/adoption of the idea or other mechanisms.)