Please share what your organisation and Boehringer Ingelheim will Co-Create together
Our co-cration is improving the KuPA model into a market oriented, valuable social innovation, minoring the cost of dementia at an individual basis and in society; training specialists worldwide to perform a new health service by guiding and teaching patients and their peers to better cope while living with dementia or cognitive impairment, or people being at risk for having it, to avoid further development. We will: co-create a model for training technology to be used in education and support in service to find partners who join a network and co-finance the KuPA-model .
Please specify what your Co-Creation will result in:
a new product, a new service, a new distribution channel, a new market/customer group.
If you selected "other" above, please explain:
Please provide a 1-2 sentence summary of your Co-Creation idea
We plan to make ICT tools for education and support in a structured and targeted health service. When succeeding in making software with universal standards, we will be able to train persons who each can train 3-6 people living with dementia and their families.
How does this project link to the core mission of your organisation?
Our core mission is to reach out to as many families with dementia as possible. An ICT tool on digital media can enable numbers of users of the new service, by enabling effective education and certification opportunities and secondly, create a network based in a co-financing model.
BI has already opened doors to new customers in Norway, BI has the ability to open to new market channels for NOEN, since our service needs to be purchased by the family members, awareness among Neurologists, Psychologists and Geriatric doctors will help NOEN to scale it’s work
Beyond social impact, how does this project link to Boehringer Ingelheim’s core business?
Lead and learn: the KuPA-model is an early approach that advocates a new understanding of persons with dementia and living with dementia and will provide those involved with valuable information about the group. Value through Innovation: BI is leading new innovations in health. Ppersons with dementia is a growing group we need more information about to provide appropriate healthcare and pharmaceuticals. As well technology and service-providing is a growing industry as health promotion is becoming a demanded service.
BI would experience a business model that has direct access/contact to the end customer (patient), showing a commitment to beyond the pill therapies for patient care
What are the specific inputs and actions that each side will contribute to this Co-Creation idea based on each of your unique competencies and experiences?
My organization will contribute:
- Research results in marketing, service design, health promotion, and welfare technology
- 7 years of experience in co-working with R&D, partners and families
- an ongoing business and training arena
- an engaged entrepreneur and changemaker
- valuable partners
Boehringer Ingelheim will contribute:
- Partners with assimilar interests
- Marked development competence
- Product development competence
- Ongoing technology-programs with partner
- A broker role between Noen and technology partners
Please describe the potential revenue model for this Co-Creation idea.
Income: education, certificates from the KuPA-specialists, Share of Prescriptions to public and private clients, licensing to end users; KuPA specialists and clients
What possible risks or challenges do you foresee?
- Standardizing might be difficult due to different cultures and systems
- Industrial players might be too strong when the market is mature (but could also represent possible partners and increased implementation)
- Time to market
Is there anything else you would like to share about your Co-Creation idea?
I would more like to be a small partner in a big success, rather than a big partner in a minor success. There are strong indications showing it is most realistic to transfer the model to other groups of patients eg. retarded children and grown ups.
If you selected "other" above, please explain:
I am really exited upon realizing innovation by matching the existing KuPA-model with new technology from BI-partners.
Besides Boehringer Ingelheim, what other types of partners might be valuable to carrying out your Co-Creation idea, and why?
- Research organizations are valuable to document the value and impact. There is no empiri showing it is possible to stop degeneration of the dementias disease or allowing people to live longer. Research is telling us that activity and social and cultural support increases their chances to live independently for longer periods of time with the positive according consequences for peers and society. For instans we could look to Marte Meo method as a successful method using person centered approach. This method sadly has limited prevalence and limited application. Due to large contextual constraints around this user domain, empiri on new methods and models are strongly requested by private and public sector.
Insurance companies are interested in distribution. Governmental health administration is important to implement and/or legitimize the model and method. Clients and employees are important in user based development.
- New technology is to be provided by BI partners. In this model, BI would essentially act as a broker between NOEN and the partner companies to make this connection, BI would be providing the technology and the scientific expertise to NOEN and NOEN (with its now added capacity) would join in the data collection/information gathering process for/with BI for dementia patients (which is very valuable).