Audience: Who have you identified as your customers/recipients and why? How will you get your solution to them or engage them in your initiative?
Our customers are electrical power plants, industrial energy market, commercial and residential heating and animal feed mills industry around the world. We have sale teams to introduce our economical, reliable and sustainable fuel by using cold call, visit, sample trial and event.
Our recipients are farmers, communities enterprise, cooperatives. We contact through the communities' network, partners and NGO. We organize the road show in local area, to increase the awareness of the wood biomass benefits.
Impact: What is the impact of the work to date and expected impact in the future?
Since 2011, ThaiBiomass has triple bottom line impacts;
• $0.3 million saved in fuel cost, economical fuel compared to fossil fuels for our customers
• ~1,000 tonnes carbon emission, energy farms have reduced
• ~284,700lbs sulpur dioxide and nitrogen oxide ~131,400 lbs, significant amounts of greenhouse gases and pollution, from replacing coal use, have reduced
• Over 200 families gained additional income and had better social well-being
In the next 2 years, we expect to grow 1,642 acres of Leucaena plantation
• ~26,945.22 tonnes reduce carbon dioxide (CO₂)/yr
• ~150 tonnes return the nutrient to soil/yr
• More than 7,935 tonnes replaced coal use/yr, which will reduce Sulfur dioxide (SOx) ~179,712 lbs/yr and Nitrogen oxides (NOx) ~82,944 lbs/yr
• 40% enhance farmer’s income of over 1,000 farmers' families
• 5 people local employment increase per small-scale biomass production